Grades: 2 - 4
This is an integrated activity book for second through fourth graders. Jump in and discover this educational story presented with sound, seven interactive apps within its pages, and spots for readers to put themselves into the story. This is the true story of how a young boy named Federico discovered the magic of music from his natural surroundings. Born in Mexico, Federico Ronstadt created a musical legacy that has been passed down through six generations, including his granddaughter Linda Ronstadt, her brother Michael, their children, cousins, aunts, uncles, nieces, and nephews. Many of whom participated in the creation of this book.
Six to ten-year-old readers will love this multidimensional book. They will not only learn the magic of music, but understand how family legacies are created. Each time readers open the book they will be able to enjoy a layered experience not available anywhere else. Within the book are applications allowing readers to listen to music, record themselves singing, upload their family photos and, when finished, share some of their experiences with others through email.
- Audio and video features bring a deeper level of understanding to the text.
- Fun, interactive geography lesson encourages readers to use maps and scale of miles to calculate distance .
- Motivating math activities give the opportunity for participation by individuals or pairs.
- User is able to personalize the story by uploading personal photos and drawings.
- Recording feature lets readers record themselves singing or retelling a favorite part.
- Link to the company website leads to downloadable additional support materials to keep the learning going.