(Apple Volume Dicsount Program available)
Grades: 2 - 8
CompareNContrast offers 35 sets of graphic organizers presenting two photos side by side or the ability for users to to create their own compare and contrast scenarios. The graphic organizer helps users organize their thinking while preparing to discuss or write compare and contrast essays. Knowing that compare and contrast is a writing skill often required on standardized tests, we created this app so teachers can focus instruction and provide skill practice for students on all levels. The app places two photos, or boxes that can be custom filled with photos or text, side-by-side above a form similar to a Venn diagram. Students begin by listing details that are unique to each photo or text block then list traits that are shared by both in a center box.
When users have completed the organizer, they can email the organizer or post to to google docs o Dropbox. If they choose to email it the organizer appears in the top half of the email giving them room below to actually write an essay or a sentence. For schools that do not allow in school emails users can take a screen shot of their reply by quickly pressing both the home and on/off button on the device. The image is saved to the device’s photo album where it can be printed or viewed.
- 35 sets of two photos and a blank form to make custom scenarios for students to react, discuss, and write to.
- Users type in their response noting the similarities and differences between two scenarios.
- Email, save to device, send to Dropbox, completed organizers to teachers or group members.
- Teachers may wish to have students write an essay using information from the organizers in the email.
- Reuse the same organizer again and again.
- Save the ones you wish to keep and refer back to later.
- Project one onto a whiteboard and use as group tool.